DO NOT USE THIS WEB PAGE WITHOUT FIRST SPEAKING WITH A STAFF MEMBER AT OUR OFFICE.
Please follow the specific prep instructions given during your office visit. This is an aid to be used in the event that you misplace your individual prep instructions. Call the office 832-379-8603 prior to following the prep instructions contained on this page.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR COLONOSCOPY PREP WITH MIRALAX
Read Carefully; do not exceed recommended dosage as serious effects may occur.
Note: Individual responses to laxatives do vary. This prep may cause multiple bowel movements. Often works within 30 minutes; May take as long as 3 hours. Please remain within easy reach of toilet facilities.
- Please hold your Aspirin or Aspirin like products 3 days before the procedure.
- Hold diabetic medication on the day of the procedure.
- Stop taking any blood thinner medications a week before the procedure.
- Patients can take their blood pressure medication on the morning of the procedure with a very little sip of water.
DAY BEFORE EXAMINATION:
Drink only clear
liquids for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Solid foods, milk or milk products are
not allowed. Do not drink anything after midnight.
If you are diabetic, eat a regular breakfast by 8am for lunch and dinner follow clear liquid
CLEAR LIQUIDS INCLUDE:
fruit juices without pulp (apple, white grape, lemonade)
broth or bouillon
or tea (without milk or non-dairy creamer)
or non carbonated soft drinks
(or any other fruit flavored drinks)
Jell-O (without any added fruit or topping)
o Ice Popsicles
NOT DRINK ANYTHING IN THE COLOR RED, GREEN OR PURPLE.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR COLON PREP:
- 1:00pm- Drink one whole bottle of Magcitrate.
- 4:00pm- Take 4 Dulcolax tablets, and begin
drinking the first 32 oz bottle of Gatorade mixed with ½ bottle of Miralax. (8
oz every 15 min within 1 hour)
- 6:00pm- Take 2nd bottle of Gatorade
mixed with ½ bottle of Miralax.
Drink the second bottle of Magcitrate.
to drink an extra 8 ounces of clear liquid every hour while awake.